namaste

wendell is my name, but I am essentially the same as you. I am of different form, but we are one. This is what I celebrate. this is a place of exploration to what I feel is my truth in any given moment. It is an expression of the glimpses in the moment that I experience as I try to bring them to life through my writing and capture them through photos. It is my practice, it is my laboratory, it is my playground

Monday, June 7, 2010

A New Shade of Gray

The sky has turned gray this morning,
and yet the trees remain ever so green -
the sound of the cars remain alive
and the birds still sing their songs of joy.
How can we be ever so proud of choice,
when everything around us are as they are?
We have put crowns in our heads heavily,
that we seldom see the beauty in the gray.
for today, the sky has turned dull, so to speak;
but I don't hear any complaints nor judgement;
from any of the those who are free -
they have always been there, singing
singing of the joys of life in your psalms -
The crown has served its purpose,
it is old, and it is tarnished.
Why am I still wearing it?

No comments:

Post a Comment